St. Paul Lutheran School Newsletter
October 27, 2014
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28:
Grand Pals with Grades 7-8 at 1:30 P.M.
Rachel’s Challenge at Centennial – 2:15 P.M.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2:
Grades 5-8 sing at St. Paul. Please meet in the Kindergarten room at 8:44 A.M.
for warm-up before worship.
Thank you students and parents for your great participation
in St. John’s 140th anniversary worship. We know you gave
extra effort to attend. The students’ song added a
wonderful addition to this celebration.
Thank you everyone who participated and helped with last
week’s Fall Family Festival. A great time of Christian
fellowship was had by all. The staff is especially grateful
for the wonderful help cleaning up. We were leaving the
facilities at 8:30 A.M. Again thank you!
An evening session of “Rachel’s Challenge” is being
offered for the community at Centennial beginning
at 6:30 P.M. on Tuesday, October 28. “Rachel’s
Challenge” is a series of student empowering programs
and strategies that equip students and adults to
combat bullying and feelings of isolation and despair
by creating a culture of kindness and compassion.
Please note that Girls’ basketball practice begins on
Monday, November 17th.
NEW! Subscribe to our ONLINE Newsletter!
We know we haven’t exactly had the best website in the world, but we’re working on changing that! We’re now publishing the school newsletter on the school (and church) website at http://www.stpaulutica.com.
You are welcome to view it there at any time. However, you can also have news updates from the church and school emailed to you right when they’re posted to the website! To receive these updates, follow these simple steps:
- Visit our website by going to www.stpaulutica.com/register – choose a username for yourself, and enter your email address.
- Check your email, where you’ll find an email from WordPress, in which a password has been generated and sent to you.
- Use the link in the email to sign in to the website. Enter the username you chose and the password shown in the email to sign in.
- Once you sign in, click on the “Subscribe2” menu option from the left side of the screen.
- This is where it gets neat – you can pick and choose the items of news that interest you. So, if you don’t have kids in basketball, uncheck the basketball box, and you won’t be bothered with emails regarding basketball schedules.
If you have any questions or need help getting signed up, feel free to call Mrs. Hans at 402-534-2121, or Dave Stahr at 402-817-1824.
St. Paul’s Fall Bazaar will be held on Sunday, November 16th, from 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. We will be serving soups and cinnamon rolls, along with hosting a bake sale. If interested in a craft or home-based business booth space, contact Carrie Gumaer (534-2127). Each family will be asked to bring TWO baked sale items for the bazaar. Look for a work schedule in an upcoming newsletter. Thanks for helping with this event to support our kids’ school!
Our Prayer Ministry for the week are Kevin and Dot Hanneman
and their family, Marcus and Nathan; and Laura Hinze
Please keep these families and our staff
in your prayers this week.