St. Paul Lutheran School Newsletter
March 2, 2020
MONDAY, March 2:
– Dr. Seuss’ Birthday – Dress up as your favorite book character.
– Happy Birthday Barb and Carrie!
TUESDAY, March 3:
– Throw Back Tuesday – Dress up as someone from the past.
– York’s Children’s Theatre presentation of the “The Stinky Cheese Man” at 9:00 A.M. Everyone is invited to this play which will be held in the gym.
– Board of Education meeting at 7:00 P.M.
WEDNESDAY, March 4:
– Best Clothes Day – Dress in nice clothes for chapel.
– Chapel at 8:35 A.M. We will be celebrating National Lutheran Schools Week, led by Mr. Brauer and Grades 7 and 8. Our monthly mission for March is Camp Luther.
– National Lutheran Schools Week Balloon Release happening right after chapel.
– Kindergarten Round-up 9:00 – 11:00 A.M.
– Lenten service at 7:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, March 5:
– Spirit Day! – Go Saints!
– D.A.R.E. classes for grades 5 & 6 from 8:30 – 9:15 A.M.
FRIDAY, March 6:
– Hats/Shades Day – Wear your hats and sunglasses
– Grades 5 and 6 will hold their Science Fair from 1:00 – 2:45 P.M.
MONDAY, March 9:
– Blood Drive at Centennial
Our Prayer Ministry for this week is for our Student Teachers. Our student teachers will finish their time with us on Thursday. We thank Allana Blakeman (grades 7 and 8), Jacob Mikkelson (grades 5 and 6), and Anothony Wolter (grades 1 and 2). We pray that their next student teaching assignments will bring them joy and blessing, and we pray for safe travels to their new location.
Please keep the student teachers and our school staff in your prayers this week.
We also pray for missionaries; Michael and Beth Ritzman in Papua New Guinea and Hannah Shull in Taiwan
THANK YOU: Thank you to everyone who pitched in to help with Fun Day! Those attending had a wonderful time, and the Parents’ Association raised over $3867 for the Quilt Raffle, Food, and Silent Auction, (less a few expenses); and the Games and Prizes raised $955, which is usually a “break even”proposition after the prizes are paid for. It was an excellent fund raiser with everyone enjoying good Christian fellowship. Again, Thank you!
Kindergarten Round-up: We will have Kindergarten Round-up on Wednesday, March 4, 9:00 – 11:00 A.M. If you know of anyone who is interested in sending their children to St. Paul, please visit with Mrs. Luebbe or Mr. Brauer and we will get invitations sent. Thank you.
Science Fair: Grades 5 and 6 will hold their Science Fair Friday, March 6th from 1:00 – 2:45 P.M.
Here are the special dress-up days for National Lutheran Schools’ celebration: Monday – Dr. Seuss’ Birthday – Dress up as your favorite book character.
Tuesday – Throw Back Tuesday – Dress up as someone from the past.
Wednesday – Best Clothes Day – Dress in nice clothes for chapel.
Thursday – Spirit Day! – Go Saints!
Friday – Hats/Shades Day – Wear your hats and sunglasses.