St. Paul Lutheran School Newsletter
March 12, 2019
MONDAY, MARCH 18:
– Girls’ basketball practice from 3:30 to 5:30 P.M.
Last year we sent out information on the “Kids Bowl Free” summer fun program through Sunset Bowl of York. Sunset Bowl nominated us for a $1000 grant because of our involvement. Last week we were of the 50 schools selected to receive this grant out of 19,000 nominated! When Mr. Brauer picked up the check, he also received information for this summer’s program that is attached to today’s note. Sunset Bowl has been very generous with their support through this program as well as our silent auction.
The Silent Auction during Fun Day generated $1680! Thank you to EVERYONE who donated items and bid during the auction!
Our mission offerings and project for March and National Lutheran Schools week is the Orphan Grain Train Christmas boxes. We will be collecting items for these boxes during National Lutheran Schools Week and all month. The Orphan Grain Train will provide the boxes and we will provide the following items:
No additions, deletions or substitutions. Do not add money, photos, or personal notes: Coloring book
Crayons (24 count box)
Plastic or rubber ball (tennis ball is okay)
Stuffed animal (beanie baby size – beanie baby is okay)
1 toy per box
– doll or girls age 2-7
– Wheeled toy for boys age 2-7 (no combat vehicles)
– 1 jump rope, 1 lip balm (non liquid), 1 hair clip or bow
for girls age 8-12
– New toothbrush in package
– 1 pair new socks non packaged (gender and age appropriate)
– 1 pair new underwear non packaged (gender and age appropriate)
– 1 T-shirt gender and age appropriate (nonmilitary, non (offensive)
– Stickers (age appropriate – non offensive)
– Printed Christmas message provided by Orphan Grain Train
Our Prayer Ministry families for this week are Mr. and Mrs. Luce
and their children and grandchildren.
We also include in our prayers Ms. Hannah Shull in Taiwan, Asia;
and Mrs. Joanna Johnson in Taiwan, Asia.
Please keep these families and our staff especially in
your prayers this week.