St. Paul Lutheran School Newsletter
April 30, 2018
WEDNESDAY, MAY 2:
– Chapel with Josh Rousch at 8:35 A.M. Our mission for month is Comfort Dog Ministries.
– Preschool field trip to the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
– Sports Banquet at 6:30 P.M.
FRIDAY, MAY 4.
– Grades 1 and 2 Author’s Read Day at 9:00 A.M.
– Grades 5-7 visit the Utica Care Center from 2-3:00 P.M.
– Kindergarten Field Trip to Lincoln’s Children Museum and Zoo
SATURDAY, MAY 5:
– Confirmation questioning at 7:00 P.M.
SUNDAY, MAY 6:
MONDAY, MAY 7:
– Grades 1-2 field trip to Pioneer Nature Center.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 9 when we have another evening of spring plays beginning at 7:00 P.M. Grades 3-4 will perform Malice in the Palace: The Story of Esther, and Grades 5-6 will perform Wolfie. Parents please bring a dozen or two peanut-nut free treats to share with our guests following the performances. Thank you.
Our annual Athletic Dinner will be held this Wednesday, May 2nd. The carry-in dinner begins at 6:30 P.M. Our guest speaker for the evening
is Scott Mattera, the owner and lead coach for “Innovation Volleyball.” Athletes in grades 5-8 will receive their awards for sports participation.
All St. Paul school and church families are invited to come for the evening of great food, fun, and fellowship. Please bring a main dish and a salad and/or dessert to share as well as your own table service. The eight grade parents will provide the drinks and decorations for the evening. We hope to see you all there!
On Tuesday, May 15, Grades 5-6 will be going to the People’s City Mission for a servant event. If you are able, we would like to begin collecting items of which they have need. Some of the suggested items are:
– spices (They go through a lot when cooking three meals a day every day.)
– napkins, paper towels, and baggies of any size and type for use in packing about 100 sack lunches ever day of the year.
– bottled water
-liquid laundry detergent
In addition, there are always needs for sock (for males, females, adults, and children), towels, bedding, beach towels, sunscreen, and probably most things that you would get for yourself.
A table is set up outside the teacher workroom where donated items can be placed. Thank you in advance for your donations and thank you to those who donated money during our April Chapels!
Our Prayer Ministry for this week are our confirmands: Gracen Fehlhafer, Johnathan Hoops, Ryan Richters, and Ian Stahr.
Please keep these families and our staff in your prayers