St. Paul Lutheran School Newsletter
April 23, 2019
THURSDAY, APRIL 25:
– Grades 1 and 2 field trip to Morrill Hall. They will be back in time for buses.
– Jr. High Track meet at Fillmore Central.
FRIDAY, APRIL 26:
– Roller Skating party in York from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. (552 W. 8th).
SUNDAY, APRIL 28:
– Grades 1 and 2 sing at St. John, Waco. Please meet at 8:45 A.M. in the fellowship hall for warm-up before worship.
On Monday, May 13th, the 5th and 6th grade classroom will be going on a servant event to People’s City Mission. We will be working at the mission that day on several projects. We are also collecting items for them, as they serve a large number of people and have great needs. Thank you in advance. Items that the mission could use:
– XL twin sheets (new or gently used)
– bath towels
– men’s deodorant and inexpensive razors
– travel sized toiletries
– $5 to $10 restaurant gift cards or movie passes to use as “prizes” to
recognize residents for positive achievements
– bottled water
– Ziplock bags; sandwich and snack size
– new socks for adults and children
– summer fun supplies; sidewalk chalk, bubbles, sunblock, sunglasses etc.
Collection containers will be in the school hallways.
We will have a roller skating Party on Friday, April 26 from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. in York (552 W. 8th). The Parents’ Association will cover 50% of the cost of admission for all preschool and school-aged children. Mark your calendars for an evening of fun and fellowship.
Also mark your calenders for Wednesday, May 1 for our Sports Banquet. Everyone is invited as we honor all of our student athletes from this past school year. This is a carry-in meal where everyone provides a main dish and a peanut/nut free dessert and /or salad to share. Please bring your own table service. The drinks will be provided by the eighth grade parents. We look forward to an evening of food, fun, and fellowship.
Thank you students in grades 1-2 and 7-8 for your wonderful performances last Wednesday evening. Parents, thank you for your help with costumes and treats. It was a great evening of fun and Christian fellowship. Mark you calenders for May 8 when grades 3-4 and 5-6 will present their performances.
We give thanks that Emily Luebbe has accepted the position of Kindergarten teacher for next year at St. Paul. We praise God for her willingness to serve and pray God’s blessing on our ministry together.
Our Prayer Ministry family for this week
is Miss Karen Buck.
We also pray for Mr. Kevin Kong of Hong Kong, Asia,
Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Lange of China, Asia, and
Mr. Anton Lutz of Papua New Guinea, Asia.
Please keep these families and our staff in your prayer